ADS is currently being launched in the North American market.
ADS is an advanced system that converts ADABAS Natural into IBM/CONSIST technology.
This enables immediate cost reduction and allows our customers to drive more value out of existing IT assets.
Main Characteristics of ADS
• Web interface enabled online applications
• Automatically converts online applications originally written for 3270 character-based screens
• Allows modernization of 3270 screens while complying to current Web Standards
Provides a methodology that mitigates risk by:
• Offering quick implemention and secure and automatic data migration from ADABAS to DB2 for z/OS applications using SQL call level interface
• Transforming commands that are tuned to the target database system
• Preserving the software development skill set and methodologies already inherent in the organization
All existing functionality is fully integrated into the new technology:
• ADABAS/Natural Security Mechanisms are replaced by ADS Security
• ADS’ Web intefaces are part of the product and replace SAG’s Entire-X functionality.
• Monitors for 3270 terminals are not required. ADS has its own monitors on z/OS, reducing software expenses
• Integrated download/upload and printer handling.
ADS IDE allows implementation of applications using a broad set of technology. Not only are all the NATURAL dialects supported, but ADS IDE also allows simultaneous usage with different languages such as Java and Consist Basic Script (Consist CWA). The editor interfaces with Source Control Systems for version control.
Web services are incorporated into ADS allowing for easy integration with SOA, BPM in addition to other software languages.
The ADS Module, Data Migration System (DMS), automatically performs the following:
• Extracts data from the ADABAS database; re-formats the data, creates tables, and loads the data into DB2 for z/OS
• Converts all ADABAS access commands, FIND,READ,GET, etc., into SQL commands to ensure more efficient access to the DB2 for z/OS database
• Allows access to DB2 for z/OS in both dynamic and static modes while generating access plans automatically
Benefits of Using ADS
• Allows access to the same data while providing the core infrastructure for business analytics
• Modernizes the online user interface through Web interface
• All-in-one product platform simplifies and unifies license mechanisms
• Requires minimal staff training
• Delivers immediate cost reduction
• Minimum end-user trainning to use the applications in the new environment
• Preserves existing organization processes and methodologies as the application sources are unchanged
• Eliminates maintenance cost for ADABAS/Natural
• All applications are converted simultaneously in a short time frame
• Allows distribution of the workload among machines for development and runtime environments
• ADS is available on the following platforms: z/OS, Linux, Unix and Windows.
• ADS can migrate ADABAS onto DB2 or other RDBMS.
More information on ADS can be found in Chapter 9 of IBM’s Redbook. click here